Is your skin prepared for winter?
Maybe you didn’t realize it, but the colder months of the year can be a bit harsh on your skin, regardless of your age. If you’re just like us and you live in Missouri, you may be familiar with the freezing temperatures in December. These freezing temperatures make your skin dry, and dry skin doesn’t look great in photos. Fortunately, we have some tips to help your skin look fresh, young, and moisturized for the upcoming holiday season!
- Your skin needs a moisture boost during winter. Use skin care products to keep your skin hydrated and looking good.
- Protect your skin from sun exposure. Contrary to popular belief, you should apply sunscreen in the winter as much as you do during the summer.
- Don’t forget to protect your lips, too! Chapped lips are very common in the winter, but also easily preventable as long as you use hydrating balms regularly.
- Drink more water! The air is drier in winter, which makes your body lose water more easily. Drinking more water helps your skin remain hydrated.
- Long hot showers might help you feel warm during winter, but they do more harm than good to your skin. Hot water dries out your skin, causing redness and itching.
- Talk to a dermatologist to get some advice on how to take care of your skin when it’s cold outside.
Now that you understand how the wintry weather affects your skin, let us help you keep looking your best! At City Pointe Beauty Academy, we offer an array of services, including facials, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and more. Additionally, we have high-quality products that will keep your skin moisturized for the whole season. Contact us through our website or give us a call at (417) 673-8822 to book an appointment.